Friday, April 29, 2016

Marriage: Month 8

Well, today marks eight months of marriage for Darren and I. When I look at how much time has gone by since Darren has been gone it seems like he's missed a lot, but also on the other hand, it seems like it has gone fast. Next month on our nine-month anniversary he should be back! I have never wished the time away quite like I have wished this time away, and it makes me feel little bit guilty. When he comes back, I just want us to make the most of the time we have together, whether we are separated or apart, because the reality of it is we will probably have to be apart again. Hopefully that's much later down the road :) 

So how does one celebrate eight months of marriage without her husband? Well, she goes to El Magueys with her family and then she goes to Walmart with her sister. Big day ;) 

Today I have completed four weeks of my new job. I'm also doing other things I never thought I would be able to do, such as go see a movie alone, eat at a restaurant alone, and mow the yard all my myself. I'm feeling a little bit empowered, but I am ready for him to be home to help me with these things and to go see movies with me. I miss laying my head on his shoulder and scooting close to him in the cold theatre.  

Next month will be wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment