Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My heart aches for summer

It's Veteran's Day today and my Veteran is overseas. I'm so proud of him and love him very much. It's so different here without him. He's not dead, but people are always giving me sad eyes and crying. His stuff is exactly where he left it. I even had to put some things away because it hurt so much, such as his water bottles, bathroom towel and wash cloth, toothbrush, and lunch box. I sleep in the middle of our bed now, with his pillows surrounding me and me hugging my body pillow pretending it is him. His car (that I can't drive) is parked in the same spot, just as if he were home. I come home from work each day and just want to run into his strong arms and for him to tell me everything will be ok. But he's not there, and he won't be for awhile. It hasn't been that long since he's been away, but to me it feels like weeks. I dread the months ahead and how slow they may go. Right now, my heart aches so bad for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment